Making an Appointment
Please make your appointment by calling 678-843-8600 as far ahead of time as possible. Please be as detailed as possible about your needs so we can schedule the appropriate amount of time with the right caregiver. If you have one, please bring your insurance card to every appointment – it will be checked each time to verify your health insurance coverage. We will collect co-payment according to your health insurance plan or the sliding fee scale before you see a caregiver.
As a Federally Qualified Health Center, Mercy Care is required to collect information from those applying for discounted fees and copays during the registration process. First time patients needing the discounted sliding fee scale based on income MUST bring documents specified below with them before they can be seen.
A day or two before your visit, Mercy Care will provide a reminder call. If you cannot keep your appointment, please call us at 678-843-8600 as soon as possible – no later than 24 hours before your visit. We will help you to reschedule.
You may also schedule your appointment through MyChart. Once you have set up your MyChart account, you can even make or change appointments through the MyChart app.
Keeping or Changing an Appointment
Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment to check in and complete your registration. Bring your insurance card for verification, paycheck stubs or homeless verification letter.
If you can't make it to your appointment on time, call 678-843-8600 to see if you can still come in or if you need to reschedule. You may also reschedule your appointment through MyChart. If you arrive up to 10 minutes late for your appointment, a clinician may be able to see you, but your time may be shortened so other patients are not kept waiting.
If you know you will be unable to keep a scheduled appointment, contact us at least 24 hours in advance to reschedule so we may use that time for others.
Documents to bring with you to your appointment.
1. Photo ID (if applicable).
2. Proof of current address in the form of a utility bill, lease agreement or homeless shelter letter. If your ID has your current address on it, additional proof of address is not needed.
3. Insurance card – please bring one of the following if applicable. We accept all major insurance plans.
- Commercial Insurance: your most recent insurance card.
- Medicaid: your most recent Medicaid card (Peach State, PeachCare for Kids, Wellcare, GHP or Amerigroup).
- Medicare: your red, white and blue card or the card provided by your Medicare HMO
4. Proof of income - Bring one of the following as proof of household income only if you want to apply for discounted fees/copays based on a sliding fee scale.
- A minimum of two (2) paycheck stubs, no older than 30 days.
- If you currently are not receiving income, you must present a Wage Inquiry form from the Georgia Department of Labor, no more than 30 days old.
- If you are self-employed, you may choose to show a recent tax return.
- If you are paid in cash, you will need to provide a letter from your employer stating your rate of hourly pay, amount paid each pay period, and how often you receive payment.
Back to For Patients >>