Tuesday, August 8, 2017 10:00 AM - Tuesday, August 29, 2017 12:00 PM
Location(s): Classroom C
To educate parents to build on family and cultural strengths to support healthy and complete family functioning.
- Provide parents with information and knowledge to develop the skills necessary in promoting children’s growth and development from birth to middle childhood.
- Provide parents with positive strategies for handling challenging behaviors.
- Provide a social atmosphere where participants feel comfortable and are able to develop a social support system to facilitate their adjustment to a new culture.
- Provide a referral system to other Mercy Care’s services and programs.
- Overview of Parenting
- Children’s basic needs (physical, emotional, social, and cognitive)
- Children’s Growth and Development
- Understanding Children’s Behavior/Discipline
- Child Abuse and Neglect
- Safety/ Accident Prevention
- Nutrition/Healthy Eating
- Childhood Common Illnesses/ Immunization
- Self-Awareness and Goal Setting
- Building Self-Esteem
- Home Economics/Budgeting
- Family Communication
Lectures, group discussion, role-plays, toy making workshop, and information on accessing community services/resources.
PLACE: Mercy Care Chamblee
5134 Peachtree Road
Chamblee, GA 30341
Tuesdays 10:00 AM- 12:00 noon
MORE INFORMATION / REGISTRATION: Call 678-843-8900 or on-site at class time. (ALL CLASSES WILL BE IN SPANISH)
COST: Free. This program is sponsored by Mercy Care.
BABY SITTING IS PROVIDED FOR CHILDREN UNDER 5 YEARS OF AGE
Participants will receive certificates of attendance. Clients referred by the courts are required to complete all sessions.